Our Qualifications

100% success rate 5,000+ U.S. Fiancee and marriage visas processed from Thailand

Trust & Confidence – Evidence of our Track Record

Shortest Processing Time

Specializing in US fiancee visa & marriage visas from Thailand

Recognized as the most experienced and knowledgeable with U.S. fiancee visa and marriage visas

All-inclusive Premium Services

Money back guarantee

Bangkok, Thailand office – required location for processing all steps of the visa application

Direct online completion of USCIS forms for faster filing

English and Thai speaking American and Thai personnel

Free Bangkok transport for all visa requirements.

K1 Fiancee Visa or K-1 Fiance Visa

U.S. K1 Fiancee Visa Information

Definition: US K1 Fiancee Visa
The US K1 fiancee visa enables a foreign citizen who is engaged to be married, and intending to be married, to a U.S. Citizen within 90 days of arrival in the United States, to travel to the United States for marriage. Once married to the U.S. Citizen the foreign citizen may adjust his/her status from that of a K1 visa holder to that of U.S. permanent resident, and remain in the United States indefinitely. A permanent resident, sometimes referred to as a green card holder, can travel in and out of the United States freely. However, remaining outside of the United States for a period of one year automatically terminates the permanent residency status. After residing in the United States for a period of 3 years the permanent resident is eligible to become a U.S. Citizen. A U.S. permanent resident is authorized for employment.

Eligibility requirements for a US K1 Fiancee Visa

  1. The petitioner/sponsor must be a U.S. Citizen.
  2. Both parties must be free to marry at the time of submission of the initial visa petition.
  3. The U.S. Citizen sponsor must meet a minimum income requirement based on the anticipated family size. Example: for a family of two (couple) the sponsor must earn an adjusted gross income of not less than $20,575.00 (2018). Greater incomes are required for larger families.
  4. The parties must have met in person within the two year period directly preceding the submission of the initial visa petition.
  5. Both parties must have the intent to marry within 90 days of the foreign citizen’s entry in to the United States.
  6. The foreign citizen can not have been convicted of a crime for which the maximum penalty exceeds one year imprisonment. Waivers to inadmissibility are available for most criminal convictions. Waiver are not available for drug related criminal convictions unless for possession of a small amount of marijuana.
  7. The U.S Citizen can not have been convicted of a crime that includes serious violence, for example: murder, rape, child abuse.

US K1 fiancee visa fees:
Government fees:

  1. Application fee payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security…$535.00
  2. Medical exam including the administering of vaccinations …… $275.00
  3. U.S. Embassy Interview fee …… $275.00


U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors

  1. Processing fee: …… $1,699.00
  2. Total Costs: …… $2,784.00


K1 fiancee visa processing time:
Yearly fluctuations in processing times do occur. Currently the combined Department of Homeland Security and Department of State processing time is between 4-6 months. The 2 month variation is effected by the service center where the visa petition is processed. The K1 fiancee visa continues to be the fastest practical visa alternative for couples who desire to be reunited in the United States.

From the time I hire your firm, how long does it take to start the US K1 fiancee visa application and get it filed?
Here is the process and timing: You will notify our office that you wish to engage our firm to process the visa application and provide us with your fiancee’s name and phone number. This can be done via e-mail or telephone call. On the same day our office will contact your Thai fiancee. 99% of our Thai clients are female and we feel it is best to have one of our Thai female paralegals contact your Thai fiancee. Thai ladies are more comfortable speaking with another Thai female. Our paralegal will explain to your fiancee that you have engaged our firm to represent her and work on her behalf to obtain the fiancee visa that will enable her to join you in the United States. We will provide her with a verbal outline of the visa application process, answer any and all questions she may ask, make an appointment to meet with her and tell her what documents she will need to bring to our meeting. Your fiancee will set the appointment on a date and at a time convenient for her. When we finish speaking to your fiancee we will send you an e-mail telling you the date and time of the appointment. The e-mail will contain a questionnaire for you to complete and return to us prior to your fiancee’s appointment. The above described  process is completed the same day you engage our firm. On the day of your fiancee’s appointment we will complete the initial visa petition with her information and documents and the information you have provided us (in advance of her appointment) in 2 hours. The completed visa petition is then sent to you via Fedex or DHL for your signatures and submission to the united States Citizenship & Immigration Services.

Will you tell us what documents you need from us, translate the Thai documents, and is this included in your fee?
Visa applications can not be processed without the required documents and translations. You will be provided with a written list of documents you will need to provide. We handle all required translations. Translations are certified by a licensed translator. We do not charge additional fees for things like: translations, copying, shipping, etc. We never charge our clients additional fees beyond the stated visa processing fee. Our clients know in advance: all fees, our fee, and government fees. There are no hidden fees. In addition we will provide you with an outline of the visa application process so you can understand each step in the process and know what will be happening next. Our clients experience a high level of concern about the visa application process. Having an understanding of the process, what is happening, what will be happening to them, being fully informed and having the ability to communicate with us about their concerns is important. We recognize that the visa application process is a very personal event for our clients.

Does your firm handle all aspects of the visa application process for us?
Yes! Our visa service is complete. In addition we provide services for any related need our clients require. We also handle your fiancee’s adjustment of status to legal permanent resident after her arrival in the United States.

What transpires after the Embassy issues the US K1 fiancee visa?
The Embassy will provide the visa in your fiancee’s passport and a sealed envelope that she must present to the immigration officer at the U.S. port of entry upon her arrival in the United States. The visa is valid for travel and departure from Thailand for a 6 month period from the date of issue. Within 90 days of your fiancee’s arrival in the United States you will marry and file an adjustment of status application so she can become a legal permanent resident. We process adjustment of status applications for our clients as an additional service. The adjustment of status application consists of 4 sets of forms and 19 supporting documents. Your fiancee will be instructed to attend a biometrics appointment at the USCIS facility located closest to your home where she will be fingerprinted and photographed. Both you and your fiancee will attend an interview with an immigration officer at the USCIS facility closest to your home. The interview is not difficult for couples who are married, living together and in a genuine relationship.

People having legal permanent residence status AKA holding a green card can travel outside of the United States and return. If remaining outside for one year or more the green card and permanent resident status will automatically terminate. Your fiancee will initially receive a green card that is valid for her to remain in the United States for 2 years. In the 90 day period just prior to the end of the two year period both you and your fiancee must file a joint petition to renew her green card and remove the conditional status of her permanent residency in order for her to receive a 10 year green card. After residing in the United States for a period of 3 years she will become eligible for U.S. citizenship.

Can my fiancee work after she arrives on a US K1 fiancee visa?
She can legally work after she receives her green card or employment authorization. Applications must be submitted. Average approval times for employment authorization are 30-45 days. Green card application processing times average 3-6 months.

My fiancee has a child who she would like to bring to America. How is this handled?
Your fiancee can bring any and all of her unmarried children who are under the age of 21 with her to the United States by attaching them to the K-1 fiance visa.

Are my fiancee’s children required to travel at the same time as their mother or can they come later?
Both options are available with some limitations. Yes, the children can receive their visas at the same times as their mother and travel to the United States at the same times as their mother or within the 6 month validity period of the visa. There is also an option to delay the issuance of the children’s visas and have their visas issued at a later date. However, the date of issuance of the children’s visas must be within one year of their mother’s visa being issued.  If the one year period is exceeded the children will then need CR-2 visas to enter the United States.

Tell me about the visa interview, is it going to be difficult for my fiancee?
Our firm creates a visa application that not only conforms to all requirements but exceeds them and is constructed in such a way as to please the consular officer and reduce the impact of the interview on our clients.

Here is the simplistic way I look at the visa application process: the process is 95% paperwork, 5% interview. The 5% that is the interview is like a final exam at the end of a six month period of preparation. A failed final exam, or interview can result in a total failure. Although we are extremely comprehensive in the preparation of our clients, we do not deceive ourselves into thinking that we control how our clients answer the consular officer’s questions. We make every effort to do so, but this is not guaranteed.

So what we do is over control what we do control (paperwork) to limit our exposure to what we don’t control (interview). When a consular officer reviews one of our applications before calling our client for the interview we want their reaction to the application to be “everything looks great, all required documents have been submitted exactly as we like, and in the order that we like, substantial and convincing evidence of their relationship has been provided, the applicant has an good background, the couples first meeting is appropriate, there are no red flags, I have no concerns about this application, I will call the applicant and ask a few standard questions and issue the visa.

Each one of our clients is prepared for the interview by our staff and finally by the firm president, who is an expert at interview preparation and more thorough than any consular officer. He can not only predict in advance the outcome of an interview he can predict the specific questions that will be asked for each individual client. If a particular applicant will have difficulty or be denied he will know it in advance. Some of our clients will require waivers from an ineligibility, this will be known in advance. In addition we do not accept clients who do not qualify or who we can’t qualify. We always know the outcome of each and every visa application in advance. When we agree to represent a client/couple there will be nothing that will prevent the issuance of the visa.

With our pre-qualification process we are assuring that nothing will prevent the visa from being issued. Even in the unlikely event that an Embassy interview went horribly wrong, with our expertise we can still salvage the visa application and assure the issuance of the visa. While this is an extremely rare occurrence we are often called upon to salvage visa applications where other firms and individuals have failed.

Is it the practice of the Embassy to try to find problems with and deny visa applications?
The Embassy has the responsibility to protect all American citizens including the U.S. citizen petitioner/sponsor of each K1 fiancee visa application under his or her review. First, the U.S. citizen petitioner must meet a minimum income requirement to assure that he has the ability to financially support the visa applicant and that this burden does not fall to all other American citizens. Second the consular officer has the responsibility to protect the U.S. citizen petitioner and all other American’s, by assuring to a degree reasonably possible, that the foreign citizen visa applicant has sincere intent in his or her relationship with the U.S. citizen petitioner and that the foreign citizen applicant is not using the U.S. citizen as a way to gain entry into the United States. These are the primary areas (there are others) where the consular officer needs reasonable assurances. A properly prepared visa application and applicant will provide the consular officer with these assurances. Globally, citizens of a great number of foreign counties have substantial interest in immigrating to the United States. Each year more people immigrate to the United States than to the combined total of all other countries.

My fiancee wants us to get married in Thailand, does this mean we can’t use a US K1 fiancee visa and we will need a marriage visa?
There are two types of marriages in Thailand. The most common is a Thai Buddhist ceremony that has no legal effect. The vast majority of our  K1 fiancee visa clients will have this type of ceremony before bringing their fiancee to the United States. This is respectful of Thai culture. The Embassy is aware that there is no legal effect with this type of marriage and will approve your K1 fiancee visa. A legal marriage takes place at a district office (similar to a town hall) and both husband and wife are presented with certificates of marriage. This legal marriage is recognized world wide as legitimate and must be entered into prior to using a US CR-1 or K-3 marriage visa.

My fiancee doesn’t speak much English, is this going to be a problem at her Embassy interview?
Consular officers at the U.S. Embassy will need to see that your fiancee has at least a basic ability to communicate with you. When we meet with a client the first time we assess the clients English speaking abilities. If we feel the clients level of English proficiency is insufficient we will advise the client and sponsor that English schooling is necessary, that it should be started immediately, and we recommend English schools we know to be effective. Often we will assess a clients English abilities to be adequate when the U.S. citizen boyfriend or husband thinks his fiancee or wife’s English abilities are inadequate. This is due to our experience with the Embassy requirements.

There’s a big difference in age between myself and my fiancee, will this be a problem for the US K1 fiancee visa?
First let’s look at the common age differences between American men and Thai ladies seen at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. As our firm processes more fiancee and marriage visas through the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok than the combined total of all other firms, it will be the same as the clients of our firm. The average age of the Thai ladies we represent is 25-35. The average age of the American men we represent is 45-60. So what is a big age difference? If an American man is over 60 and his fiancee is under 25 this will be seen as a big difference in age to the point where the Embassy will intensify their effort to determine whether or not the relationship between the parties is genuine, and the ladies intent sincere. In cases of this kind our firm will take the steps necessary to construct an appropriately convincing visa application, and prepare the applicant for the questions that will be asked that go to this specific concern.

I don’t meet the minimum income requirement needed to sponsor my fiancee, can anything be done?
There are options available to you. The first thing we do is speak with a client to learn about his financial situation. Surprisingly, we find more often than not that people do actually qualify even when they think they don’t. When a client doesn’t financially qualify a CR-1 marriage visa can be utilized that allows you to have a co-sponsor. A co-sponsor is a U.S. Citizen who meets the minimum income requirement. This person could be a friend or relative who agrees to accept the requirements of a co-sponsor by guaranteeing the support of your wife if you fail to do so.

My girlfriend has been previously denied a tourist, will this make it more difficult or impossible to get a US K1 fiancee visa?
If your girlfriend provided any false or misleading information either on the visa application, or in answer to the consular officers questions during the interview it could create a problem. We will need to discuss the specifics with your girlfriend to determine this. We have represented hundreds, possibly thousands of people who have been denied tourist visas for whom we later obtained fiancee visas. Very often a previous application for and denial of a tourist visa has little or no effect on a future fiancee visa application. Even in a worst case scenario we can still obtain a fiancee visa under circumstances where a person has been found ineligible and in violation of an immigration law.

My fiancee has worked as a bar girl, does this mean she can’t get a visa?

A visa can be obtained for your fiancee even though she has worked as a prostitute. The initial part of the visa application process will be the same as it is for any visa application. At the interview your fiancee will be asked about her previous employment and will be told that she has been found ineligible to receive a visa, but that a waiver to the ineligibility is available. The waiver application process starts at that point. It is a complex process that requires experienced legal representation. Waiver processing times are 6-12 months and substantial additional costs will apply.

Can you provide a list of the vaccines my fiancee be required to get for the US K1 fiancee visa?
— Acellular pertussis
— Hepatitis A
— Hepatitis B
— Influenza
— Influenza type b (Hib)
— Measles
— Meningococcal
— Mumps
— Pneumococcal
— Pertussis
— Polio
— Rotovirus
— Rubella
— Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
— Varicella

What medical conditions will disqualify my fiancee for the US K1 fiancee visa?
Any condition that could adversely effect American citizens both mental or medical. Medical conditions that are communicable with the exception of HIV/AIDS. Testing for HIV/AIDS has been discontinued. If you would like your fiancee tested for this you will need to advise our firm in advance of the medical exam. Medical waivers are available for certain conditions. The condition that causes the most problem in Thailand, and not that it is so significant to cause alarm, is TB. If TB is found it is treated until the patient is not contagious or cured. The hospital then reports to the Embassy and the visa is issued. If you have a concern that is not answered here you can contact the president of our firm for an answer to your question.

Start Today – USA Visa

To hire us and get started, send us an e-mail with your fiancee or wife’s mobile phone number, one of the paralegals (Thai ladies) in our office will phone her to provide information about the visa application process, and explain to her in detail the numerous things we will be handling on her behalf.

Your fiancee or wife will be invited to make an appointment with our office to begin the visa application process.

Should you have questions you can call our office toll free, you may e-mail your question or request a call. E-mails are answered promptly, never exceeding 24 hours.

Office Map

Our Office Address:

U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors
85 Nonsi Road – Soi 8,
Yannawa, Bangkok 10120,
Tel: (662) 681-0015

Email: [email protected]

Click here to enlarge